The North Jetty, which is owned and operated by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, was originally built in 1914, and reconstructed and extended to its authorized length of 5,700 feet in 1931. The jetty was strengthened with the addition of huge boulders in work that was finished in September of 2010. The jetty is a great place to view boats coming and going into the bay, but stay on authorized paths.
To access the jetty, drive north from Garibaldi approximately 2 miles to Barview. Turn west on Cedar Street and take Barview Jetty Park Road and Jetty Road to the North Jetty parking area. The jetty marks the beginning of 7-mile-long Rockaway Beach.